Friday, March 10, 2017

What will they think?



"Just make sure you stay alert. Keep close watch over yourselves. Don't forget anything of what you've seen. Don't let your heart wander off. Stay vigilant as long as you live. Teach what you've seen and heard to your children and grandchildren."                                                        Deuteronomy 4:9


I have had a desire, a need, to write for several years now. There is nagging thought that plagues me at the prospect of sharing personal and sometimes painful memories in my writing. I am concerned about who will read it. Funny, I have never worried about IF people will read it, but worried about the important WHO's in my life that may read it. That was until God spoke directly to my heart this morning.

This particular passage of scripture was written to the Israelites as they were in the wilderness, about to enter the promised land. But I believe it is written for us as well.


  • "Don't forget anything of what you've seen." I have experienced many things in my life: hurt, rejection, pain, joy, happiness, and love. I need to remember all of these experiences, they helped shape me into the person I am today.

  • "Stay vigilant as long as you live."  Don't ever give up on the life God has for you.  Thank Him for the journey.  He has been and will be with you.  You may still be in the wilderness, but the promised land is just in sight. 

  • "Teach what you've seen and heard to your children and grandchildren." It is okay that my kids, grandchildren, parents and friends read about the things that they may not know about me. It is important most of all to let them see where God has brought me from, and the mighty ways He has shown Himself along the way.


What is holding you back from doing what's in your heart? What fears are you facing? I would love for you to share, so we can help each other overcome these fears on the way to fulfilling your dreams.

God Bless!

No comments: